Friday, April 11, 2008

Danger Zone!

My son in crazy! Yesterday he was playing in my parents shop. It has giant automatic garage doors and my mom can open them from her house. My mom decided to open the doors because the boys were outside playing and Talvyn decided that he could stop them from opening by holding them down. My mom looked outside and there was Talvyn dangling from one of the doors as it raised. She said that he was anywhere from 3-5 ft. off of the ground when she realized what was going on. She switch the doors from open to close so that Talvyn could let go and when he did he fell onto his bottom. She then quickly switched them back to open so that Talvyn wouldn't hold on again. She has decided that the doors need to stay open whenever the grandkids are outside playing. It makes me sick to think of what could have happened if he had continued to hang on and my mom hadn't noticed what he was doing.

4 comments:

Di Cluff said...

Sounds like a feat that only "Super Under Wear Boy" could accomplish! :) Not to poke fun of the dangerous situation but looking back on the things my kids did and lived makes us all smile:)

Holly said...

Glad to hear he didn't get hurt! It's amazing (and frightening) the things these boys imagine they are capable of!

Tiniel said...

I told Darrec and Andrea the story of SUPER TALVYN flying high on the garage door, they were wide eyed and so glad he was okay. Then Darrec patted my leg and said "Are you ready for a little boy mom?" So far he's still content in my arms... He's so strong and active though, I'll bet he'll be flying off garage doors, roofs, and cupboards soon enough. xoxo TINIEL

Kim A. Hodges said...

I'm glad everything turned out just fine, but it's a pretty funny story at the same time. Talvyn must think he can conquer anything. :)