Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Splits

Tonight Trevor went on splits with the Elders and it made me think back to a time when my parents were just getting back into activity. A sign up sheet went around in elders quorum and my dad signed my mom up for splits...thinking they were for banana splits. She did get a phone call and was told that she couldn't go because she was a girl. I remember laughing so hard when she asked my dad why he had signed her up and he told her about the banana splits. I love that he was so willing to have his wife help out.

7 comments:

Holly said...

That's so funny! I love how 'Mormon words' get misinterpreted someimes, it's like "we're going to the stakehouse" means to some people that they could come along for a steak dinner.

Tiniel said...

tee hee, i'd sign up for banana splits too! cute! how was trevor's birthday? i got a card out, but i don't know how long to the travel is through the mail from blackfoot to emmett. trevor we hope your day was great. with love, tiniel

DeAnna said...

I totally remember this.....I, fortunately, got to be there that Sunday when it happened. We all know how our dad loves ice cream! He would have made the best "splits" those elders had ever eaten!

Deny, Jenn, & Marek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeAnna said...

Hey, Deny.....blogs are not places to air family secrets! ixnay on the uttbay cratchingsay!!!

Deny, Jenn, & Marek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deny, Jenn, & Marek said...

this was just too funny! Good memories and always something to tease Dad with! ;P