Monday, September 1, 2008

First Day of School

Some of you might not know that I am going to be teaching P.E. at Emmett Jr. High beginning tomorrow. I will be teaching 3 periods a day (7:30-10:40). I am pretty excited because this allows me to have a paycheck and coach volleyball. I will no longer be bringing home large stacks of papers, stressing about ISAT, IRI, or Iowa Basic Skills tests, or working for the spawn of Satan any longer. Heavenly Father has definitely looked out for me "even when I didn't understand...He rejected my demands and gave me the better part." I am truly thankful for a Heavenly Father that gives me what I need instead of what I want. This is better than what I thought that I wanted for myself. So wish me luck on my new adventure. Oh and Trevor starts teaching the kids at his school tomorrow. He doesn't need the luck thought because he is already pretty awesome!

6 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Sounds like a busy year. Good luck

Tiniel said...

Good luck with the new job! Heavenly Father is amazing and takes good care of us! Misses, T

From the Life of Jen B said...

Good luck with the new school year! You are amazing...thanks for the post, it helped me realize even more that if we look at life from the Lord's perspective then we will be even more happy in the future. I promise I will update my blog soon :) Love ya girl!

The Sayer Family said...

We have truely enjoyed Jeremy teaching PE ~ it is so much better then being in the classrom. Good luck with your classes and your volleyball season! We need to get together sometime soon.

Nicole Williams said...

Sounds like things are going great for you guys! I am so happy for you. Good Luck with everything!

Kristi said...

Hey girl!That is awesome!I'm sure you'll be great at it & will enjoy it too! Heavenly Father DOES watch out for us!Thanks for the reminder quote from one of my favorite songs!(wasn't that sung at your reception?)Good luck to ya!I know you'll do great!!