Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sick Kids

Trevor was sick this weekend and now Talvyn is sick too. Both boys have colds, but Talvyn is vomiting. I didn't believe Talvyn when he told me that his tummy hurt and that he threw up when Grandma was watching him. I made him eat lunch and get in the car to go to a volleyball game in Mountain Home. (Gee-I am such a great mom.) When we got in the car he started compaining that he wanted to go home. We had made it about 10 minutes and then he covered himself and that car in vomit. We made some major modifications in our travels and I drove to Nampa instead of Mt. Home to give Trevor the duty of tending a sick child. After a few more puking outbursts and a trip to Wal-Mart for some new clothes for Talvyn, I dropped Tal off at Trevor's school. I then drove to Mt. Home with my mom and Daxtyn. My girls won the game in a set of three, but the whole time I thought of my sick child and how I should be home with him. I wish that I lived in the baby boomer era where men could work and women could stay at home with their children while still having a nice home, two cars, and health insurance. I sure hope that my kids don't hate me for draging them on these crazy adventures.

8 comments:

Nat said...

Hey Dana,
I found your blog via Darrec and Tiniel's. It sounds like you guys have been sick! It's going around. Good luck on volleyball. I have a new blog if you would like to check it out.

billandnat.blogspot.com

all my love,
natalie

From the Life of Jen B said...

I think we all have that dream to be 'June Cleaver.' Don't be too hard on yourself 'cause you are a great mom and I know that your boys will never forget that you love them, no matter how crazy busy life gets. Love ya girl! =}

Kristi said...

Just so you know, the guilt of motherhood doesn't leave for any of us!Even if you are a full-time at home mom!There is ''always something more'' we could be doing!!Or at least that is how the world makes it seem!Even "at home" moms have those experiences! Because--you try to find a "stay at home" mother.....AT HOME!There are so many responsiblities we carry as mothers! If only it was to stay home and clean huh???I long for those days back-when I only had 2 babies to feed and clean my 600 sq.ft apartment!HELLO!!Believe me, the older THEY get-the busier YOU get!!....but it IS worth it! He probably will only remember throwing up & the smell or something like that-not why he was in the car!!!!You're awesome!Thanks for the comments on my blog!Sorry this is so...ramblyish!!

The Sayer Family said...

It was so fun to talk with you while you were in good old Mountain Home! Daxtyn is such a cutie and growing so big. I still can't find that air freshner and it is driving me crazy! I hope your boys start feeling better. When we were walking to our car Carson asked if we could call you and invite Talvyn over to play at our house. Let's get together soon!

Rita Peck said...

Sorry to hear about all the sick stuff. My sympathy to you. My experience is the kids don't remember the bad stuff just the good so don't worry they think your the perfect mom. Good luck

Nicole Williams said...

Sorry to hear you guys are sick. We have been sick too. It is no fun at all. I wish we lived closer so I could help you with your kids. You are doing great! Don't be so hard on yourself.

Tiniel said...

Dana, I understand these emotions completely... You are a great mom and all three of your boys are ca-razy about you. xo T

Holly said...

kSorry to hear you guys are all sick, that's the worst when you have kids throwing up because I've learned that they aren't the best at making it to the toilet in time. Not fun. Hope Talvyn gets to feeling better soon, let us know if you need anything, we are neighbors after all!