Sunday, October 19, 2008

Someone said...

Sometimes it is hard to have faith when you live in the world that we do. On this principle I heard that absolute best thing today in church. Brother Madsen gave a great talk in our ward about faith. He said, "to worry about the bad things that might happen is just making yourself experience them twice (if they do happen)." I know that worry is the opposite of faith, but sometimes I still do it. Why can't my logical side rule out the worry? I know from experience that things always work out for my own good, but I still make myself experience the bad things twice. I hope that I can get better at this.

3 comments:

Tiniel said...

I am such a worrier, thanks for this insight... Love you quirks, we all have them! Love Talvyn's preschool tales. xo TINIEL

Rita Peck said...

Love that thought. I need to work on that too.

From the Life of Jen B said...

I do the same thing...a totaly worry wart. My mom calls it 'borrowing trouble' and I've tried to make a conscious effort to not do that. It's hard though. Thanks for the insight, I love that quote.