Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Day with Talvyn

Today Talvyn and I went on a date this afternoon. We went and watched Madagascar II. We had popcorn, drinks, and a treat for Talvyn (he had to have the exact same as Drew). When Talvyn got home he would not tell his daddy anything about our date (which he had strategized in the car). He still has not answered any questions concerning our date. I guess he likes to have his own private jokes.

Later in the evening Trevor and I discussed who would go to the stake conference adult session and who would stay home with the kids. Trevor thought that maybe he should stay home with the kids and do some work on IDLA (Trevor teaches an on-line class here). Trevor then said that maybe he wouldn't get any work done because the kids would be here. Later Trevor told me he would go and Talvyn said, "(Daddy) you stay home because you're not going to get any work done anyway.....you said." My kid says the darnest things to get what he wants.

5 comments:

Kim A. Hodges said...

I think that's cute that you went on a little mommy-son date. Talvyn definitely has a pretty funny sense of humor!

Holly said...

What a cute idea to take Talvyn on a date! We're always trying to find time to go on dates with each other that it's never crossed my mind to just take Ethan out. Pretty sad since his litter brother is 2! Thanks for the great idea!

Rita Peck said...

Love the Mommy-Son date. Those are my favorite things to do.

Tiniel said...

Was the movie good? I loved the first one and thought the characters were a hoot. I think date nights are the best.

Nicole Williams said...

Talvyn is so funny. I really enjoy hearing the funny things he does. We are sad we don't get to see you guys for Thanksgiving.