Sunday, November 9, 2008

Secret Passage

Trevor and I had recently watched a show about houses with secret passages. Talvyn watched parts of it with us, but mostly played with his toys while we watched. Well earlier today Talvyn ran into the kitchen and came out to the living room with a butter knife. I asked him what he was doing with the knife and he said,"making a secret passage." I thought to myself that he had a good imagination until he knelt down on the floor and started sawing the carpet with the butter knife. I then asked, "what are you doing?" I then got "the look" and the answer, "I am making a hole for my secret passage." Ahhh. The knife got taken away and we had to explain that we couldn't make a seret passage that way. Bummer!

8 comments:

dianeb said...

hope you don't find any secret passages in the future!!!
He is too cute!

Jandi said...

Too funny. Smart little kid he has turned out to be!

Kristi said...

Yes, I agree. I too hope you don't come across any 'secret' secret passages that have been created!!What a funny kid! GREAT imagination! Awesome! Since most kids these days don't have one!!

Nat said...

I LOVE Talvyn stories.

The Sayer Family said...

That is so funny. I think it is great that he has such a great imagination. We need to get together sometime!

Rita Peck said...

Amazing what a child's imagination can pick up on. How fun

Holly said...

Aw, too bad, it would've been cool to say you had a secret passsage in your house! My grandparents lived across the driveway from us growing up and us kids always thought it would be neat to dig an underground tunnel from our house to theirs. It never happened, though.

Kim A. Hodges said...

That is funny! I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. He definitely keeps life interesting for you. :)