Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Talvyn

I keep thinking that my son is growing up too fast. Lately he has not wanted to hold my hand in parking lots or stores because he is "big ." He has always been independent, but now that independence has started to turn to defiance and intolerance for others. I really love this child and hope that he will be a force for good in this crazy world of ours.

On a side note, last night for Family Home Evening we talked about the first presidency of our church. We asked Talvyn who they were after the lesson and Talvyn said President Monson, President Eyring, President Uchtdorf, and the black one. It took us a minute to figure out that he meant President elect Obama. Presidents of the church, President of the USA...it all sounds the same to him.

4 comments:

Kim A. Hodges said...

I'm really glad that you are posting all these little tidbits about Talvyn. Maybe in the future he will be able to read some of this and just laugh at himself.

From the Life of Jen B said...

LOL...I love, love, love your Talvyn stories. I agree with Kim, maybe he will read these in the future and get a good chuckle about how smart he was as a kid :)

The Sayer Family said...

You know that I am in the same boat as you with Carson. Just think of what great leaders our sons will make in the future! Take a deep breath and enjoy the time you have with your boys are young. They'll be out of the house before we know it!

Rita Peck said...

This age is tough. They have a tough time figuring out what makes them big. It gets better. My son is almost 6 and back to being the boy I remember.