Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote

Well today is that blessed day, when political smearing, advertisements, television shows, and phone calls that are trying to tell us which way they would like for us to vote will end.

I already went and voted. I spent 5 minutes just staring at the presidential candidates. I wish they were all different. We are either going to head for a mass lesson on "hope and change" or going to be taught how to get "maverick-y." Maybe we will just "drill baby drill." Good luck to us all and God bless America (I think that we are in trouble whichever way it goes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfFcgJY8OSU

I thought this fight sums up our country right now. Fight-fight-fight-stupidity!

6 comments:

The Sayer Family said...

I didn't know who to vote for either. I saved the presidential race for last. It's like choosing between the better of two evils.

Rita Peck said...

My goal was to get to vote in this elesction but sadly the amount of money needed to finish my citizenship was not available this year. I don't envy though it was not an easy thing this year. I hate to not have a say but glad that those of you who care to vote will.

Dana Williams said...

Rita, I remember a conversation where you said you would never become an American. Funny girl, kids sure change us a lot . huh?

Deny, Jenn, & Marek said...

I agree... voting for the lesser of 2 evils. But that clip from Boston Legal is funny! By the way, every time when we look you up, it says that Sherman, Texas arrived on your blog. So... I don't think that is accurate! We love hearing about the new things & funny sayings of Talvyn.

Kim A. Hodges said...

I agree. I think we will be in trouble either way it goes. I really hate politics, and I agree with the other comments - it's like picking the lesser of 2 evils.

Kristi said...

I agree with all. I too just looked at the ballot going "I'm exercising my freedom to vote for THESE?" WHY? I also didn't want to vote for either! I remember the other elections, and I at least agreed with one to some point-or liked them enough to be proud to vote! But not this time around. It's like choosing between eating dog pooh or cat pooh. Neither thank you!!!!!! I just hope that the country will come to patriotism again, like it was after 9/11. This country needs someone to stand behind no matter what party you are, but sadly either win will probably divide us all more!!! I wish I was Canadian today!