Monday, December 15, 2008

Reading?

The other day I watched an info-mercial about a reading program(your baby can read) for babies. I was pretty intrigued because Talvyn seemed really interested. I went on line with Talvyn and watched the demo videos. He was so excited. He then went into his bedroom and picked out a book that I hadn't read to him before and he read it to me. It was a very simple book A is for apple, B is for bear, etc. I am so proud that he recognizes letters, uses context clues, recognizes sight words, and is trying to spell words on his own (as shown below in his oven picture, spelled uvn). He is so excited to learn how to read, and I am so excited for him.

5 comments:

Mary T. said...

That is awesome!! It is very exciting to see 'your own' children learing, speaking as a teacher to another teacher!

Nat said...

i love how he spelled 'uvn'. wow. so smart!

Holly said...

I need to start something like that with my kids, I was talking to someone the other day and she said she does a program like that with her daughter and when they're driving in their car, her little girl tells her mom what the signs say!

Nicole Williams said...

Talvyn is so smart! I love how he spelled oven.

Rita Peck said...

How very fun. It is amazing to watch as they learn.