Sunday, March 15, 2009

Talking Back to the TV

I was flipping through the television and came across a movie. The guy in the movie was in the hospital and was forced to eat jello. The comment on TV was that "tough guys don't eat jello." Talvyn immediately looked at me and said, "I am strong and I like jello."

Talvyn is my commercial man. Lately, there has been a commercial on TV about the amazing food chopper. I know Talvyn has watched it because one day while I was using mine he asked me all kinds of questions about it. "Does it chop like this, can it chop like that, etc." I answered yes to all of the above questions and then Talvyn hit me with the, "yea, but can it open up for easy cleaning." To which I answered yes. I think he is finally secure in the knowledge that his mom bought a decent food chopper.

While watching a commercial for the bender ball on TV, Talvyn looked at me and said, "we don't need one of those. See." He then layed on my ottoman and lifted his legs up in the air. He didn't need that bender ball to do leg lifts.

6 comments:

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Talvyn is to funny! I wish I could spend a day with him, it would be a hoot!

Holly said...

It's so funny what they pick up on. Hey, do I just call Sharon at home about getting Ethan on the list? I've left messages but haven't heard anything back, is there a number for the school?

'T' said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH he's a hoot... i miss him and you guys.

Kristi said...

Too, too funny!! My boys picked up on the Snuggie commercial. "mom, it comes in 3 colors, you can eat with it on the couch, you can pet your animal, you can even talk on the phone!!" They thought that was something we definately needed!! Wait until he sees something he wants....like moon sand or something!! Commercials definately get their point across that "you need it!!" huh? Kids pick up on it too!! Talvyn is so funny! I love hearing his comments on things!! I bet you could have a binded book worth of his comments by the time he grows up!!

Heston Williams said...

What a kid. How is Daxtyn doing? Is his pink eye gone yet?

Di Cluff said...

Won't it be fun when Daxton can go back and forth with Talvyn?
Last weeknd I loved hearing the conversations my grands had together.
I can only imagine how much more hilarious the conversations will be with Daxton.