Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Life

You know how you are supposed to be self sufficient and grow a garden? Well I am just not going to do it anymore. It is too time consuming and I need that time with my kids. Every year since we have moved into this house we have planted a small garden which produces abundantly during volleyball season. All of our hard summer work rots on the vine. I have tons of tomatoes, peppers and cantaloupe, but can't find the time to do anything with them. There are not enough hours in the day to get everything done and as I watch people older than us still struggling with time it makes me want to cry. Will life ever slow down to a do-able pace?

6 comments:

Nicole Williams said...

It's ok Dana, I have never had a garden. I think life will eventually slow down, but for now I think it is best to do what is most important. My mom always says, "There is a time and a season for everything." I totally agree. Don't get down on yourself, you are great just the way you are!

Jandi said...

Nope, I think it just gets worse as our kids get older. But, no worries, your kids are really more important than a garden. However, I am jealous I wish I had enough space in my backyard for one. Great work, at least you are trying...

'T' said...

buy it in a can, amen!

Garett said...

Talvyn should be getting old enough to use for child labor. Put that boy to work.

Rita Peck said...

I know what you mean. My father-in-law always shares so much that I am kept busy with it and my stuff rots. I think the important thing is you know how if you need to do it. Spend time with your kids guilt free. Can't go wrong if you are putting family first. Don't know how you do all you do.

Kristi said...

At least you try!! I have such a black thumb!! Ben is the gardener-but we still don't have one. Some day.
By the way, my friend Karlee saw you at a game last night against Fruitland & she said you are breath takingly beautiful! I said she always has been & evidentally always will be!! You still got IT girl!!! Hope the rest of the season treats you well!! Take care!