Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MELT My Heart

I have to start out by saying that to get over the winter blues I made a huge deal over V-Day this year. I made Trevor a little gift for each of the fourteen days prior to Love Day (thanks to some awesome friends/family Jes and Diane). He in turn, gave me special notes and gifts for six days in a row (perfume, fondue pot, fondue recipe book, lables, gift card, Lost season 5, flowers). If I told everyone how they actually came and what the notes said I would make everyone cry. For the start of Valentine's Day I made a puzzle for Trevor to find a present but each piece was in a different balloon. The boys had so much fun helping Trevor pop the balloons, put the puzzle together and use the puzzle clues to find a gift for Trevor. Later that night Jesica and I made a three course fondue feast. It was a blast and lasted for at least three hours.

The decorations...


First course...
Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue w/ bread, apples, cauliflower, celery, red pepper




Second Course:
Mojo Style (a spicy fondue broth that you cook the food in)
w/ lobster, chicken, shrimp, steak, mushrooms, broccoli, baby potatoes, asparagus, raviolli



Third Course...
Snickers Chocolate Fondue (chocolate, caramel, nuts, and peanut butter)
w/ pound cake, brownies, rice crispy treats, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas


The Happy Couples...
what a great night!

6 comments:

Nat said...

Wow! I didn't know you could do fondue in so many different ways. What a fun date to remember. I'm glad you had a great Valentines day!

Kim A. Hodges said...

How awesome! I'm happy you guys had such an enjoyable time! Plus, how cute of an idea to give 1 gift a day until V-Day!

Jandi said...

Wow! What a valentine's WEEK. What a great idea. I am sure the food was fantastic. You always were such a great cook. So sweet you two celebrate it so well!

Heston Williams said...

Looks like tons of fun, and tons of work! I'm glad you guys had a great day!

Kristi said...

WOW-WEEEE!! Looks awesome!!!! We've never really made too big of a deal of V Day, mostly because we have the 2 boys'+ Bens birthdays + V day within 5 weeks of each other!!! So Vday, is just another thing to think about & expense, but this is the first year, I haven't dreaded it!!! We weren't as fancy as you, but we all had fun doing things. That is such a great idea to do!! Love the basic simple things to enjoy!

Rita Peck said...

Wow what a fun feast. You look amazing