Saturday, April 14, 2012

Valentines Day 2012



Daxtyn and Talvyn got some treats from us and from both sets of Grandparents.  Then they got to go on a date with Mommy and Daddy.
I made Trevor a card for 10 days leading up to Valentines Day.  The theme was the 10 things that Happily Married Couples do (of course, we do them) and I fit a treat into each day.  We had a giant couples date in our garage on one of the nights.  I also got him an Amazon gift card.  Trevor surprised me with a song....

My Favorite Things (thanks Sound of Music for the tune)

Cheesy romances and digital downloads
Crisp bean burritos and cheese cake a la modes
The joy peanut butter and chocolate brings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Fancy new outfits and a husband that cooks
Papering for feet and reading good books
Going out on sweet dates-treated like kings
These are a few of my favorite things!

When the house's trashed, when alarms miss rings
When the kids don't mind,
I simply remember
My favorite things
And then I don't feel the grind.

(He pulled out treats, coupons, etc. during the song as they went with the tune.  We also went on a date that night with the kids.  Crisp bean burritos from Taco Time and Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, doesn't get much better than that.)

No comments: